When you’re pitching your business to investors or partners, it’s important to have a pitch deck ready. This visual summary of your business is the first thing someone sees when they visit your website or social media pages or receive an email from you. It’s also used as a quick reference tool during meetings and presentations.
Your pitch presentation should be based on one main idea: how will this project or product make profit? And how much? It’s also a good idea to think about whether you need help from a reputable pitch deck consultant or agency.
In this article, we’re laying out all the things you need to know about pitch decks, how to create your own, and pitch deck consulting services.
What is a pitch deck?
A pitch deck is a short, visual presentation you can give to investors or business partners to explain your business. Your pitch deck should be 10 minutes long and contain a clear storyline and call to action.
It’s important to keep your pitch deck simple because most people will only read it in a little detail. Instead, they’ll scan the slides while listening to you speak.
There are different types of pitches: elevator pitches, in-person investor pitches, cold email pitches, etc., but they all follow the same rules: keep it short and use visuals instead of text wherever possible.
A consulting pitch presentation usually contains the following:
- an overview of the company, its mission and vision;
- the problem it’s solving or opportunity it’s taking advantage of;
- the solution that solves this problem;
- how the company plans on growing and making money, as well as how much money it has already made;
- the team behind the company; and
- the company’s traction, including any metrics or data that show progress.
Is a pitch deck necessary?
It is a good idea to have a pitch deck ready before you start your sales process. It may help you get meetings with prospective customers, and it provides a useful tool for explaining your product or service in more detail than a simple email or phone call can allow.
However, the pitch deck is not a magic bullet. If you’re not careful, it can create a false sense of security that makes you feel like your sales process is complete and leads are pouring in.
What does a pitch deck do?
A pitch deck is a tool to get your business off the ground. They are usually shorter than a traditional business plan, but they still contain all the information you need to get people interested in your business.
Three main situations require pitches:
- For investors, you need to get their attention, show them why your idea is worth investing in, and convince them that you can deliver on your promises. Consider what they want to hear, and include it in your pitch deck.
- When pitching partners, the goal is similar but requires more persuasion and selling skills than with investors because they might be more hesitant about getting involved with your project.
- Finally, when presenting to clients, it’s important to remember that you’re not just showing off how great your product or service is, you are also selling it. This means you need to convince them that your product or service is worth investing in.
Can I create a pitch deck on my own?
The short answer is yes. You can create a pitch deck on your own, and you should consider doing so if you’re a solo entrepreneur or part of a small team. But the long answer? It’s not as easy as it seems, and it’s not always the best option.
Here are some things you should prepare for your pitch presentation:
- Do your research. Research the company you will be pitching and know its history, its investors, and what kinds of companies they’ve invested in before.
- Know your audience. You need to know who is in the room and what types of companies they have invested in.
- Prepare for questions. You never know what questions might come up during your presentation, so be prepared with answers that address any concerns or questions about your business.
- Have a script. You don’t have to memorize your pitch, but it’s important that you know it by heart and can deliver it clearly. This will make you appear more confident and helps reduce the chance of you stumbling over words or getting lost in your thoughts.
- Keep it short. Focus on the most important points and keep the presentation short. If you have a lot of information to share, consider having a separate deck with more details.
- Practice until perfect. Practice your pitch until you can deliver it with confidence and poise. This will help you avoid nervousness and give you the confidence to make a great first impression.
The problem with creating your pitch deck is that certain elements will make or break your presentation—and they require expertise in design and marketing to get it right.
You might think the best way to create a pitch deck is to write down your ideas and put them into PowerPoint. But while this can certainly work, it can be better. A consulting sales deck is a marketing tool that must be visually appealing and communicate your company’s value proposition.
How does a pitch deck consultant help?
A pitch deck consultant can help you with the entire process of creating your pitch deck, from start to finish. You’ll be able to work with someone who has experience in both the design and creation of pitch decks, so they’ll know what is needed to make sure your consulting pitch presentation is as effective as possible. They’ll also be able to give you feedback on any mistakes or areas where your presentation could improve, as well as provide suggestions for how you can make your content more engaging.
When you work with a professional pitch deck consultant, you must be clear about what kind of help you need with your presentation. Pitch deck consulting services are available for many organizations and businesses, including startups, non-profit organizations, financial services firms, and more.
Check out this pitch deck sample to see what we mean by a well-written deck. It’s important to remember that while this is an example of an effective pitch deck, there are other ways to do things. Be sure to take note of the different sections, how they’re formatted, and any unique presentation techniques.
How much is a professional pitch deck?
Consulting pitch presentation deck is a crucial part of your business development. It will help you to communicate your value proposition and make an impact on the decision-maker. The more professional your pitch deck looks, the higher chance you have to win business. But how much does it cost?
The cost of a consulting pitch presentation depends on several factors:
- What kind of information needs to be included in the presentation?
- How much research has already been done on the topic?
- How many graphics and pages are used.
- How long it takes to create the presentation itself.
- Whether or not the speaker needs help with their delivery
Business owners should be prepared to pay for their consulting sales deck, but they should also expect to receive more than just a slide deck in return. The price of a consulting pitch presentation can range from $1,750 to $2,750, depending on how many pages and design elements are used.
This includes the initial consultation with a potential client to discuss their needs and goals, as well as research into the marketability of their product or service. The price also covers the creation of a slide deck that explains why your company is best suited to help them achieve their goals.
The pitch deck is one of the most important tools for communicating your business to investors and partners. While you can create your own pitch deck, it’s a good idea to hire a pitch deck design consultant or a pitch deck design agency to help. They can help you craft the best pitch deck possible so that you can get the funding you need to grow your business.
A pitch deck design agency will help you create a pitch deck that’s professional, well-designed, and compelling. By hiring an agency to do this for you, you can ensure that your pitch deck is top-notch and ready to be shared with potential investors or partners.
If you need help creating a pitch deck, we’d love to help. We offer pitch deck services to help you create a compelling presentation that will resonate with your audience.
Our pitch deck design consultants are experienced in developing professional, well-designed presentations that provide value and inspire action. We can help you build a pitch deck or presentation from scratch or provide consulting on existing materials to improve them.
If you have any questions or would like us to work with you on your pitch deck, feel free to contact our team!